Design and Technology
At Amesbury Archer we encourage and nurture the creative side of all pupils. They are aspirational designers who tackle challenges; curious about how things are made and resilient when faced with a problem. By tackling real life problems, we generate enthusiasm. Our collaborative approach allows for honest evaluation and respectful feedback. We endeavour to give children the opportunity to apply their Design and Technology skills by linking them to other areas of the curriculum.
Our Design and Technology Aims:
- to teach children the skills to design and create a product. In doing so, they will take into account either their own or others' needs.
- to draw upon prior knowledge and skills they have learnt in other subjects in order to enhance their design.
- to equip children with the skills and confidence to take risks and become resourceful with their tools.
- to give children the opportunity to evaluate their designs and critically analyse their final product and suggest improvements.
- to use acquired skills to create high-quality prototypes based on a set criteria
- to critique, evaluate and test their own creations and the work of others
- to understand the importance of nutrition and applying this knowledge when cooking